Best Ballroom Shoes Reviewed
Dancing holds a ton of benefits anyone will be able to reap. It isn’t only exercise, but a beautiful form of art appreciated by millions around the world! One of the most graceful and beautiful of dances would be ballroom dancing. Men and women of all ages practice this to improve on their elegance and grace, sharing their talents in shows and igniting their passion. But when it comes to ballroom dancing, you’ll need the best ballroom shoes! Your feet will be doing a lot of work as you dance, so you must make sure that you invest in the proper shoes that give both comfort and style to the dancer.
With the many types of brands of dancing shoes, what are the best ballroom shoes to invest in? In this article, we show you the top ten best ballroom shoes and an ultimate guide to this fantastic footwear!
Our Top 3 Picks For Women
Our Top 3 Picks For Men
Benefits of Using the Best Ballroom Shoes
You might be wondering: Why should I bother investing in a good pair of ballroom shoes? Why not use my old shoes or go barefoot? What you may not know is that the right footwear will go a long way, especially if you are planning to pursue ballroom dancing as a profession or passion.
If you’re wondering what the best ballroom shoes will do to both your feet and talent for dancing, here are some of the benefits you’ll be able to reap:
The best dancing shoes will give your feet ultimate comfort. With pads, quality material, and good construction, your feet can dance with ease and minimal pain all throughout the whole dancing session.
Like mentioned, ballroom shoes have good structure. It’s different compared to any other shoe, as it is more solid but will still give your feet the ability to flex and point your toes. It maintains contact with the floor and shapes your feet in a way that supports your feet. It will also help protect your feet from any injury while dancing.
The best ballroom shoes will help with your posture and footing, which is one of the most important factors in dancing well. With that being said, shoes will improve your performance and have you dancing better as compared to using any other type of shoe.
So while they aren’t necessary if you’re beginning, they will still make a significant investment. This is especially if you want to take ballroom dancing seriously.
How to Purchase the Best Ballroom Shoes
Purchasing the best ballroom shoes isn’t just about picking up the best brand and hoping for the best. It takes a bit of research and testing before you make the right choice. After all, you’ll want to make sure that your feet are comfortable and that your dancing improves. This is so you know you’ve made a sound investment and spent your money on something worth it.
Whether you’re a beginner or advanced ballroom dancer, here are some factors and tips on how to purchase the best ballroom shoes:
You will need to choose the type of ballroom shoe you need. There are different kinds based on your gender and what you will be using it for. Here are the three types of ballroom shoes:
Standard: What male ballroom dancers wear. They are like black dress shoes for men, while women’s regular shoes are closed toe shoes with a heel. It’s ideal for smooth dances like the waltz.
Latin: For women, these are open-toed with heels that are 1-3 inches. For men, it’s a 1.5-inch heel. Like what the name suggests, it’s for Latin dances but can go well with other dances. It’s best for competitions as well.
Practice: It’s your standard dance shoe for men. But for women, it’s a low heel that looks like a man’s normal shoe with a flexible outsole. Just like for practicing, they are more practical and comfortable. It makes great shoes for swing and general dance.
Comfort: It’s best to find a pair of dance shoes that provide comfort for long periods of dancing. Some offer extra soles or heel protection, which is ideal for those who suffer from foot conditions.
Look for ones that suit your style and will look attractive as you dance. There are different colors available for you to choose from. Also, make sure that the material and overall construction is made with quality. This is to ensure strength, support, and durability for many dances to come.
Find a well-designed shoe that’s easy to both maintain and clean as well.
Reputation and Customer Review
If you’re a beginner, it’s best to start off with the shoe that comes from reputable brands. You will be assured good quality shoes and can learn how to choose your brand based on your experiences with them. Also, you should check up on real customer reviews. After all, you’ll be experiencing similar things as they have as well. You can find customer reviews (like this!) from online blogs and forums, or to ask trusted sources, such as salesmen or fellow dancers.
While you wouldn’t want to spend so much on the best ballroom shoes, you wouldn’t want to scrimp on low-quality shoes either. Make a good budget based on the average prices of your chosen type of shoe, starting from there.
Best Ballroom Shoes for Women Reviews
Based on our research, testing, and customer reviews, here are our honest reviews of the top ten best ballroom shoes you can invest in today:
1. TDA Women’s Mid Heel PU Leather Salsa Tango Ballroom Latin Party Dance Shoes
It’s made out of PU Leather and improved materials
Has a suede sole
3.1-inch heel with round toe and mid-heel. Height ranges from 5-8 centimeters.
- They are very comfortable and feels great even on wide feet.
- Will be able to keep your feet protected and painless for hours despite the heels.
- It fits street sizes, so no need to worry about making miscalculations and getting the wrong pair.
- The sparkly design will attract eyes and give elegance to any dress. It has a simple yet beautiful style.
- The buckle fastener may be difficult to understand at first.
- Heel base is plastic and marks the floor, but you’ll be able to replace it with rubber.
2. Ellie Shoes Women’s 254 Lucille Dress Pump
Made out of satin and imported materials
Has a leather and rubber sole
A 1920s-inspired pump with round toe, a t-strap design, and sculpted heel.
Has an adjustable buckle strap at the ankle area
- Ideal for a 1920s-themed party or dance.
- It keeps your feet comfortable no matter how many hours you use them for.
- The solid heel that makes it perfect for dancing.
Can run a bit large. If you have narrow feet, order half a size down.
3. Minitoo Women’s T-strap Glitter Salsa Tango Ballroom Latin Dance Shoes Wedding Pumps
Made of imported leather.
Has a suede leather sole. Its heel measures about four inches.
You can customize the heel style and height upon ordering.
Closed toe and t-strap with a speed buckle.
Has a glitter material upper with cushioned insole.
- It uses a street shoe size, so there’s less of a chance of getting your size wrong.
- They’re very comfortable to wear, lasting for hours of walking or dancing.
- These shoes are perfect for just about any event, most specifically for vintage-themed dances.
- The bottom of the shoe is cloth-like, making it a bit uncomfortable while moving.
- Low price, but looks cheaply made as well.
4. Very Fine Women’s Salsa Ballroom Tango Dance Shoes
Made of satin with suede, non-slip sole.
Lightweight and comfortable – Open-toed design with a t-back strap.
3-inch heels come with plastic dance shoe heel protectors to begin dancing!
- Has a solid color that looks lovely. It is the perfect balance of sexy and elegant.
- They are very comfortable with its cushioned footbed, lasting for hours without pain felt.
- Heels are perfectly sized, so you are not too uncomfortable or tall, but it will give you height.
It may be difficult determining what size you need, as it runs in medium width only.
5. Roymall Women’s Fashion Ballroom Party Glitter Latin Dance Shoes
Made of imported materials and sequins. Its upper material is made of satin.
Has a suede sole.
Its heel measures almost two inches with a platform that measures 0.25-inch.
- The shoes run at the right measurements, making it easier to find your size.
- They give extra support, making it perfect for those who suffer from high arches, insteps, or wider feet.
- They have good designs that will match any dance costume. With its glitter and sequins, they give you a glamorous look.
- The shoes will have your feet comfortable for long periods of time without the risk of blisters or any other injury.
- Belt buckle may be a bit confusing but easy to understand as time goes on.
- It will be stiff at first, but you’ll break into it after a few dance sessions.
Best Ballroom Shoes for Men Reviews
1. Capezio Men’s SD103 Social Dance Shoe
It is made out of synthetic aerial with a suede sole and flexible outsole.
The soles are shock-absorbing, also coming with a suede-covered bottom for even better absorption.
It’s a lace-up dance shoe in faux leather with a one-inch heel.
- The shock absorption feature works great. You’ll be able to dance and walk in comfort.
- It’s perfect for both beginner and advanced dancer. It gives the right amount of flexibility and is non-slip. You can feel the floor, but it won’t give you any pain.
- Classic design fit to match any social dances.
Size runs a bit small, so order a size up, especially if you have wide feet.
2. Bloch Men’s Xavier Ballroom Dance Shoe
Made out of genuine leather with a suede sole.
Low-wide heel for spontaneous dancing.
Plain-toe dance shoes with a classic oxford-style upper in full-grain leather.
- It’s got the attractive, professional look without the frills.
- You can use it for long periods of dancing, with the shoe lasting for months without any form of damage.
- Soft leather makes it comfortable to dance around in, no matter if you’re a professional or beginner.
- They run a bit small, so make sure to order half a size up your street size.
- Expect a bit of slip while you break into the shoes.
3. CRC Men’s Stylish Round Toe Lace Dance Shoes
Made out of imported leather.
Soles are made of non-slip suede.
High-quality leather upper lined with moisture-absorbing brushed material.
Round toe, block low heel with breathable mesh by the sure and lace up the tie to closure.
Heel height is one inch.
- It keeps your feet comfortable and well-ventilated.
- It’s recommended for those who suffer from sweaty or smelly feet, because of its breathable mesh and moisture-absorbing material.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around, may you be wearing them or traveling with it.
It isn’t the most comfortable but does the job in keeping your feet away from injury or pain.
4. Amali Mens Black Classic Patent Cap-Toe Tuxedo Oxford Dress Shoe
Made out of imported and synthetic material.
Man-made sole with blocked heel.
Cap-Toe Oxford style dress shoe in black or white.
- Very stylish and will look grew in any occasion.
- Size runs as expected.
Some people complain of the smell
5. Very Fine Men’s Salsa Ballroom Tango Latin Dance Shoe Style PP301
- It’s very comfortable and easy to break into. You can dance and use it for hours without pain.
- Non-slip with shock absorption and ultra soft cushioned soles can have your feet dance without injury.
- Great design with complete lines. Also, comes in other colors to choose from.
No obvious disadvantages upon testing the shoe!
If you are one who loves dancing, then you must invest in the proper shoes. For those who specialize in ballroom dancing, there are ballroom shoes you will be able to purchase. Choosing the right ballroom shoes will have you reap a ton of benefits, especially while dancing. If you are one who is beginning, then looking for the best ballroom shoes to purchase may be daunting. Hopefully, this article on the best ballroom shoes and how to buy them will have helped you become more knowledgeable and ease your troubles of buying what you need.
You will be able to purchase any of these shoes from reputable online shops, or from shoe stores in your local mall. So what are you waiting for? If you are into dancing and need comfortable footwear to get you started, then invest in the best ballroom shoes today! They are worth the investment and will have you improve your passion and talent in no time!
Did you enjoy the article or have any other review on the best ballroom shoes? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think.