Best Climbing Shoes For Men Reviewed
When it comes to being fit and healthy, climbing is one of the best activities you can start off with! Climbing has a ton of benefits you will be able to reap, and it is not just the fact it’s a great calorie burner. You are also able to gain a lot of experiences and learn new lessons as you go traveling and seeing spectacular views.
When climbing, you will need to make sure that you have the right equipment. This will call for investing in the best climbing shoes for men. Having the best climbing shoes is very beneficial, especially if you are looking into climbing regularly. But with the many types of brands and shoe models out there, what is the best one to invest in for you? In this article, we give you the ultimate guide on the best climbing shoes for men to help you out!
Our Top 3 Picks
Top 10 Best Climbing Shoes for Men
Based on our research and tests, we give you our top 10 picks on the best climbing shoes for men you will be able to purchase:
1. La Sportiva Men’s Tarantulace Climbing Shoes
– Made out of leather
– Has a quick pull lacing harness for a good fit
– Durable FriXion rubber compound
– Lined tongue for moisture management, unlined leather for comfort.
With awesome features built for either beginner or advanced climber, it makes for a great investment, may it be for you or a gift to a fellow climber.
It’s comfortable because it keeps your feet breathing and free from moisture. Its soft leather keeps it feeling great as well.
It offers a good grip and durability, with its material making it last for years to come.
You have a great design that looks appealing and comes in two different colors.
The quick pull lacing makes it very easy to slip on or take off.
It can be a bit too narrow, depending on the wideness of your feet. It’s recommended to get a size higher just in case.
2. Evolv Men’s Defy
– It is made in the US from synthetic materials
– It has a synthetic sole and upper. Has a nylon lining and MX-P midsole.
– Uses a VTR rand and a high friction rubber sole of 4.2mm
These are great for beginners who want something secure and comfortable.
It’s built for bad weather and any terrain, making it perfect for any type of use.
They are great for edging and smearing. You can use this for working out and climbing, may it be indoor or outdoor.
Sizing may be a bit tricky, but once you get it right, you’ll be able to enjoy the shoes. It’s best to try it on before getting the shoes.
3. CLIMB X Rockmaster Climbing Shoe
– It is made out of both leather and rubber, with a rubber sole and center cut leather.
– Padded ankle cuff and 3D molded climbing rubber hooking heel and descent tread.
– Organic hemp foot beds
It’s best to take advantage of the huge discount while it lasts because with its features and durability, it’s a great investment for climbers of all levels.
It comes with a free climbing DVD so you know how to begin the sport.
The organic hemp foot beds make the shoe smelling fresh for no matter how intense the climb gets.
The heel and ankle cuff keep your feet secure and gripped.
It keeps your feet comfortable without the frills. It’s best for beginners.
It isn’t as well-ventilated compared to other shoes. You may feel a bit stuffy when using them.
4. Mad Rock Men’s Drifter Climbing Shoe
– It is made out of leather with a rubber sole
– Uses velcro straps for a secure fit
– Weighs 1.8 pounds
If you’re on a budget but still want quality climbing shoes that do the job, then this one is it.
They do not stretch, so you won’t need to worry about it loosening up over time.
They are great for beginner or leisure climbers, as the shoes mold to the shape of your feet over time.
It is one of the cheapest and quality climbing shoes to invest in when beginning the sport.
It runs small as the shoes are pointy, so it’s best to order a size up.
They are not as grippy but do the basic job in keeping your feet secure and comfortable.
5. Scarpa Men’s Instinct VS Climbing Shoe
– It is textile and imported, with a synthetic sole.
– The bi-tension active randing helps give maximum toe power
– Vibram XS edge and grip make heel hooking simple while promoting a strong grip and durability while climbing.
– It has a mid-length outsole construction and floating power strap for good fit. It also makes it easy to put it on or take off.
– It’s a comfortable shoe that has a great heel and keeps off pressure points.
With its durable material and high-tech features, we can definitely say that it’s worth the investment.
It’s an all-around shoe that’s perfect not just for climbing, but for gym sessions or the intense job.
You have the best power position on the toe areas, making it an aggressive shoe with added comfort.
Runs a bit smaller than expected and is said to fit street size.
6. CLIMB X Rock Star Climbing Shoe
– It comes with a Mammut Carabiner
– It has a 3D molded climbing rubber hook heel
– Breathable mesh tongue for good comfort
– Double cross lace for a good fit
It’s definitely a steal and great for those looking for a hiking shoe that looks as great as it performs.
It comes with no frills or nonsense. Simply put it on and begin climbing or doing any other intense activity with ease.
It helps improve your performance while keeping your feet comfortable and breathing.
It’s great for those who climb for competition, as it provides comfort no matter how sharp the edges are when climbing.
They run a bit small, so it’s recommended to purchase is a half size larger.
7. Mad Rock Men’s Flash 2.0 Climbing Shoe
– Made out of both imported leather and synthetic material with a leather and rubber sole.
– Has Synflex, synthetic stretch material, as well as a polycarbonate midsole to give it a good flex and have it fit any foot.
– Uses Shock Gel to reduce impact on the heel
With its soft feel and durability, you can definitely take advantage of the features its got to offer at a good price.
It only weighs 1.4 pounds
The hook-and-loop closures make a secure fit. It also makes it very easy to put on or remove.
It’s perfect for beginners. They are not the most aggressive shoes, so you are able to use it for just about anything than just climbing.
women runs a bit large, so it’s best to order it half a size down.
8. Five Ten Men’s Anasazi Moccasym Climbing Shoe
– It’s made in the USA and from imported materials.
– Rubber sole with side-exit heel seam and slingshot heel. It is resolable.
– Stealth C4 4.2mm rubber and triple pull tabs to make it easy to slip on and remove
It does the job well and is perfect for both beginners and advanced climbers.
The Five Ten climbing shoe does the basic job on keeping your feet comfortable as you go bouldering or climbing.
It is an all-around shoe that has you able to go mountain biking or doing any other sport.
The cutting-edge design isn’t only nice on the eyes, but will be able to support all types of feet.
It may feel like the shoes will slip off as you go climbing, but not to worry, as it won’t.
9. La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe
– Made out of synthetic material
– P3 permanent power platform to retain shape of the shoe
– Molded 3D heel cup
– Fast lacing system
– Marbled P3 rands with unique marbling for each pair of shoe
– Weighs 1.5 pounds
You are definitely paying for a lot of great features anyone will be able to take advantage of. We recommend this for the advanced hiker and for those using it for sports and bouldering.
It’s very durable, no matter how intensely you use them. Many have raved about it lasting for almost two years with constant use.
They are very comfortable, with them improving on your climbs. They keep your feet stable and prevents it from sustaining any injury with its power platform.
It’s an aggressive boulder shoe made to withstand one of the most intense of climbs.
The velcro strap makes it easier to slip on and remove.
Depending on how wide your feet are, they can run a bit larger.
10. La Sportiva Mythos Vibram XS Edge Climbing Shoe
– LaspoFlex midsole for maximum torsion rigidity
– Vibram XS Edge Sole for resistance to razor sharp edges
– Good lacing system to assure a fit shoe
– Made out of synthetic material
– Dry-Best technology to quick moisture away
– Full Vibram rubber rand for protection
– Weighs less than two pounds
We can say that they are a great pair of shoes worth purchasing, as you are getting something durable and fit for just about any male climber.
They are made out of quality material that won’t stink the shoe, no matter how much your feet sweat.
It will be able to accommodate either beginner or advanced climber.
They are very comfortable and will be able to withstand almost any climb.
It’s an all-around shoe you can use for work, climbing, or even working out.
The leather stretches out, so it may end up getting loose over time. It’s best to get a size down.
Benefits of Investing in the Best Climbing Shoes for Men
Climbing shoes are very important for those who would like to start taking the activity seriously. I’m sure you might be wondering why they are needed. Some people use running shoes or sandals when climbing, which may be okay at first, but not the best in the long run. So why are using the best climbing shoes important? Here are some of the benefits you will be able to get from them:
– With the right shoes, you will have the proper support you need in order to climb with comfort. Your feet will be cushioned and stay dry and feeling good no matter how long you climb for.
– Climbing shoes come with the proper support that makes it perfect for climbing sharp edges and walking through tough terrain. They are great for those who suffer from any feet condition. Plus, they also prevent injury, keeping your feet safe from any harm.
– Climbing shoes add a touch of style to any outfit, so you’ll look great while climbing!
– They are durable and are made out of strong materials that are built for certain terrains and weather, so you have assured a pair of shoes built to last.
– There are a variety of climbing shoes to choose from, all depending on how you want it to feel. May it be minimalistic with great and bold colors, you’ll be able to find one at affordable prices, making it worth the investment.
And these are just some of the benefits you will be bale to take advantage of when getting the best climbing shoes for men!
How to Choose the Best Climbing Shoes for Men
Like mentioned, there are tons of brands and models of climbing shoes. Just like purchasing any footwear, it will depend on how you want the shoe to feel as you go climbing. It’s all up to how you want your climbing hose to fit. If you’re just a beginner who doesn’t know how to choose the perfect climbing shoes, here are some factors you may want to consider when doing so:
What type of features will you need in a climbing shoe? Do you prefer one with a minimalistic feel or one with extra arch support for your feet? Do your research and evaluate what you want before getting the first pair of shoes you see. This is to ensure that you are getting something YOU want, rather than going for the hype.
– Design and Material
Not only should the shoe look appealing to your eyes, but it should also be made out of the good material that will have it last for years of climbing. Look for ones that are made of the durable and strong material to withstand any weather condition and terrain.
– Reputation and Feedback
The more positive reputation and feedback, the better! We urge you to do your research on more popular brands and search up on reviews from real customers to have you more confident with what you are purchasing. It’s best to ask experienced climbers or knowledgeable salesmen for recommendations based on what’s suitable for you.
You won’t want to overspend on a pair of shoes, nor would you want to scrimp on something without the features you need. Get the average pricing and work your way with that. You won’t need to spend thousands on a pair of shoes, but we urge you not to get the cheapest one you see just for the price alone.
It is not limited to just these factors. It’s best to test your climbing shoes out for real before taking them to their first climb to get the feel and comfort of it.
These are also some of the things we have considered in order to choose the best climbing shoes for men!
Climbing is a great way to begin your journey to fitness and ultimate health. But if you want to begin climbing, you’ll need the best climbing shoes for men! Whether you’re getting it for a friend or investing in one for yourself as you begin your travels (or want to replace your old climbing shoes), then you should look for the best that suits your preferences. Hopefully, this article on purchasing the best climbing shoes for men will have helped you choose what you need for your future climbs. You will be able to purchase any of these climbing shoes from reputable online shops, or athletic stores near you. So what are you waiting for? If you want to start climbing, invest in the best and get the climbing shoes you need today. You’ll definitely have a great time using your shoes and getting the best out of your climbs.
Did you enjoy the article or have any other recommendations on the best climbing shoes for men? Then you should comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think.