How to Find the Best Yoga Shoes for Yourself
TOSBUY slips are one of the best yoga shoes on the market. They’re a soft mesh material that’s comfortable. Perfect for physical activity or just to slip on, these shoes are lightweight, practical, and fashionable. With a TPR bottom, they’re also shockproof and anti-slip. In addition, the shoe pad is made of linen, allowing it to be breathable – a perfect solution to wear year round.
The soles are flexible and soft, enabling the wearer to bend and curl the shoe naturally with the movement of the feet. This is imperative for yoga, which often incorporates different foot positions. Wearers can practice yoga with added support and comfort, anytime, anywhere.
TOSBUY has 20+ years of experience creating high-quality shoes in the athletic industry. The shoes can even be worn for more than just yoga – they’re great for water sports and outdoor activity, including water skiing, surfing, and hanging out at the waterpark.
The TOSBUY slip shoes are surprisingly comfortable – exactly what I wanted. I’d heard they were the best, and there were different types available, including slip style shoes and sandals. Since I’d rather have a shoe that’s practical all year long, I decided on the slip-style.
They’re breathable, comfortable, and lightweight. I don’t have issues practicing my daily yoga poses in class or outdoors. In fact, the shoes provide more possibilities for practicing outdoors. While I do bring my mat with me outdoors, it can still be too thin and I often feel rocks and uneven parts of the ground, which can be painful and interrupt my practice.
I also suffer from back issues. Just wearing these day-to-day helped my back tremendously. I can walk and stand for longer periods of time. I’d read great reviews on the product, and thought I would give it a try. I’m not disappointed.
Sandals by Beech Sandal Co is the go-to sandal for people interested in a performing shoe, or those seeking a shoe to add comfort and alleviate back pain.
These sandals have propriety-patented technology that allows for optimal foot and arch support. In addition, the unique design of the sandals with toe separators, often dubbed “pedicure sandals”, enables toes to spread naturally and comfortably.
This offers more support to the feet, legs, and back. They’re unisex, allowing anyone – man or woman – to enjoy the many comforts these sandals offer. For yoga practitioners, whether experienced or not, they will help with the things that it rigorously tests and requires – stability, alignment, and balance. They’re also health-friendly and are geared toward helping wearers live a healthier life. Beech Sandal Co. designed a shoe to keep health in mind – both for the wearer and the environment.
I’ve heard from several people these shoes really help your feet and back. Now, I can stand for longer periods of time. Plus, they’re incredibly comfortable, have a fantastic grip, and can be worn day-to-day. These yoga sandals have been known to alleviate leg, hip, and spinal discomfort, and work for all foot types – wide, narrow, high arch, low arch, etc. The toe separators are soft and do not rub or irritate the webbing of the toes – a major plus for me.
The arch is also firm so they can be worn for long periods of time, and they’re durable. And, the price is great. Products that are comparable in quality are much higher in price. But Beech Sandal Co makes their products affordable and available to those that needs them. One thing to keep in mind is that for some the toe separators may take some getting used to – it isn’t a traditional sandal or thong. Each toe is separated to evenly distribute weight.
Our Top Picks
Vibram Women’s Alitza Loop
1. Vibram Women's Alitza Loop
Uppers are made of a polyester mesh, which is good enough on its own but these are also reinforced with PU printing methods. The outsole production is XS Trek.
The looks are well done as well, featuring a serrated blade lug design. These should be washed cold in the washing machine and air dried for maximum durability.
Alitza Loops should be able to accommodate any basic yoga exercising needs, but with added benefits, either indoors or outdoors.
- Stretch polyamide – excellent for all fitness based activities.
- Rubber sole – especially effective for Yoga exercises, as it allows for a firm and stable feet grip.
- Air dry only – probably not an issue for most buyers, but some buyers tend to buy multiple pairs so they have one at the ready each morning, and less washing hassle.
2. Sanuk Women's Sling 2 Flip-Flop
Sanuk offers a total of 17, yes that's seventeen different Sling 2 Flip-Flops here for us to choose. These mostly include different fabric colors and design, but some even have differently designed footbeds.
We know a lot of people will appreciate this kind of choice.
Moving on to other factors, these of course features a textile-based production, but with a fabric sole. What buyers enjoy about these comfort-wise is the footbed which is supposedly very comfortable.
One other great thing about these is in the design as well. We're talking about the slingback feature which allows for much easier steps and really does ease long walks or yoga exercises.
Needless to say, getting these flip-flops will make sure you get a comfy feel wherever you go, and an excellent, actually cute-looking design to accompany it.
- High variety of design – these sling flip-flops offer 17 different colors, and the only issue here is that buyers say they couldn't decide which one to get! Excellent stuff from Sanuk.
- Comfortable, simple – they're not one of the highest rated for no reason, apart from the variety of choice, these offer outstanding feet comfort and look great on anybody's feet.
- Not so comfortable
3. Unisex Barefoot Sibba
That said, these barefoot exercise shoes from Sibba still offer a choice of 13 different design colors for you to choose from, so there's still a lot of choice, which is great.
What's different here is that these are made with a rubber sole, meaning that these will allow for a more firm and stable surface grip than the Sanuk's.
Other important features of these include the fact that these offer extra breathing room for your feet, and seem to be even more comfortable. Many buyers have described these shoes as being easy to wear and to be as comfortable as wearing socks.
Sibbas also offer great flexibility, which means you can fold them and put them almost anywhere and be on your way. These are mostly made out of polyester, a small percentage of spandex, and the outsole is 100% neoprene.
All this means that these are great of a wide variety of activities, after you're finished with yoga, you can take these to the swimming pool, a lake or a river!
- Decent variety of colors - 13 different design patterns for the buyer to choose from, and a lot of owners have multiple versions.
- Flexible – meaning they allow for very easy transport, and are put-on/removed without much effort.
- Multi-purpose – you can use these for all kinds of activities.
- Average quality
4. Slipper Rack Men's Waterproof
In fact, the manufacturers themselves features these to have a lightweight technology, and a comfortable manmade rubber sole. This is great news because the rubber soles are usually not manmade.
All this means is that special attention was given when manufacturing these yoga waterproof shoes. On top of all that, the Slipper Rack shoes are extra thick, for goes well for the claim that they are very durable.
To summarize, the Men's Slipper Rack is a great fit for not only all kinds of water activities, they are also very fashionable, flexible, durable and comfortable. Great for exercises, but also for long walks, river hikes and beach strolls.
- Multi-purpose – can be engaged in all sorts of outdoor activities, be it swimming pools, river hiking, yoga exercises and much more, since they're waterproof, flexible and durable.
- Only 3 colors – when the only bad thing about a product is its slight variety of color choice, that's usually a good sign. Still, we know plenty of people give much attention to how their shoes look and these might not be the best-looking footwear.
5. FitKicks MEN's Active Lifestyle Footwear
In any case, lets continue and see what these are good for.
FitKicks really go into and offer efficiency in any man's active lifestyle. They feature a unique design and a very decent ergonomic fit. Since these feature FlexForm, we can only conclude that durability is taken care of, and flexibility comes to these naturally.
Production-wise, these are polyester made, and contain a rubber sole, which again, goes well for a stable foot grip.
Apart from being a great yoga exercise footwear choice, these really go deep into a busy lifestyle and try and serve for any activity. Transport is made easy as well since these feature the „fold-and-go“ factor as well.
Wherever you find yourself, you can use these on long walks, commuting, for water sports, yoga and all kinds of similar activities.
- FlexForm technology – meaning they're very durable, should last you a long time once you get them.
- Fold-and-Go – a great thing to have in a stuffy bag, no space issues, and can be dried this way very easily as well.
- Rubber sole – excellent, stable feet grips are what await when you get these, and this is especially important for yoga exercises.
- Not as comfortable
6. Fitkicks Flexible Flats
FitKick's Flexible Flats are available in six colors, and these are: graphite, black, a teal form of green, fushia orange, something called lush life (very colorful), and the last being a gray/lavender combination.
Even though some of the shoes we reviewed today have MUCH more color variety, we wanted to mention this specifically because FitKicks really did put A LOT of style and creativity in these six types of flexible flats. There's really something for everyone.
Moving on from color, these are nylon-based, and contain a rubber sole. However, this is a form of soft rubber, meaning that they're not AS great for outdoor activities as other shoes we reviewed here.
Still, these are great for a wide range of activities, but will certainly last longer indoors. They also feature the „fold-and-go“ technology, meaning they're easily carried around and also have a great ergonomic fit. Comfort is certain.
- Very creative design – even though there are only 6 options, all are very well made and there should be something for everyone.
- Fold-and-Go – goes for easy transport.
- Ergonomics – this is good since good ergonomics basically mean these will fit any foot.
- Average stitching quality
7. Skechers Women's Meditation Flip-Flops
Judging by the user reviews, these Sketchers Flip-Flops for Women really seem to be an excellent light-wear choice. These also go by the standards of a synthetic sole production, and also carry the sling-back technology which provides for easy walking and exercising.
The heel measures at about 1 inches, while the platform holds steady at 0.5''. The toe posts are padded which is great, and the platform itself features a wraparound fabric straps.
As it is a standard with any Sketchers footwear, they've really diversified these yoga sandals with a lot of choice, features as many as 20 different designs for these series.
- Sling-back technology – allows for easy walking and exercising, pushing you to move forward.
- Yoga-foam – comfort assured, the footbeds will feel soft making you feel more comfortable and your mind at ease.
- High variety – these come in 20 different colors so there's a lot of choice and it's no wonder that plenty of buyers choose to take more than one.
- A slight cheap feel
8. Sanuk Women's Sling 2 Sandal
Anyways, Sanuk women's sandals are textile-based, with a synthetic sole. The fabric itself is very stretchable and therefore provide more walking comfort, and durability as well.
The toe posts are fabric-wrapped and the footbed is a padded yoga-met, very similar to FitKicks' flexible flats. However, if you thought the FitKicks have a lot of choice (20 colors), these have even more!
The Sanuk Yoga Sling 2 Sandals offer a whole collection of choice with 26 different design styles and colors. Amazing.
- High variety – 26 different choices for you to consider with these sandals, what more is there to say?
- Yoga-foam – just like the previously reviewed FitKicks, these also provide a comfortable stand with its integrated footbed.
- Feet may feel somewhat lose
9. Sanuk Women's Slinged Up Gladiator Sandal
Right now, we are looking at the slinged up Gladiator sandals by Sanuk. Very similar production to the previous Sanuks, with the addition of these being made out of 100% polyester.
Also, these feature a rubber sole, which by now you know means a more stable grip on dry surfaces. The Gladiator title comes from the benefit that you can ankle-tie these and therefore have a more secure feel.
These are also more lightweight and offer a happy U rubber outsole. Gladiator sandals for yoga come in four different colors.
- Ankle-tie – tying sandals to your ankles means they won't fall off so easily in advanced positions, which is a nice addition.
- Rubber sole – more stable grip, one more plus for yoga enthusiasts
- Not as comfortable
10. Sanuk Women's Isabel Flat
Isabel Flats come in 7 different colors, black, red, blue, pink, brown, burgundy, and deep blue. Other main features of these yoga shoes include a soft canvas lining and slip-on, casually designed stitches which go for better looks, and a molded rubber outsole.
Other factors are very similar if not identical to the rest of Sanuk yoga shoes and sandals that we have on the table here today. Textile-based and a synthetic sole production. Well made, good looking yoga shoes.
- Looks! – apart from other Sanuk footwear we've seen today, these certainly take the design medal and are for you if that's one of your priorities.
- Quite comfortable
- Extremely narrow