Best Gold Shoes Reviewed & Rated for Style
There is something so glitzy and glamorous about a pair of gold shoes. When we see a pair, visions of money and class dance through our heads. Naturally, you can’t help but assume the person sporting them on their foot either have money, style, or both. Perhaps, gold has always been associated with those things. Take the example of the Gold Rush in the mid-1800’s in America. People flocked out west to find gold. They knew that it could provide something for them. The same is true for the gold shoes we see on so many people today. Once you lay eyes on someone wearing them, you have to get your own.
- Top Moda Hy-5
- Man Made
- Vans Old Skool
- Rubber Sole
- Forever Link Remy
- Good Ventilation
- Synthetic Sole
With so many stylish shoes on the market and gold being a popular color, how can you narrow it down to one pair to purchase? We searched through dozens of shoes to make this top 10 list. Furthermore, we put each pair up against a rigid criteria scale. Then, we eliminated the ones that did not meet the criteria. Lastly, we organized them by style, criteria ranking, and looks. There are many offerings on the list. Consider your top preferences in shoes and stack them up against our shoe list to find the best choice for you.
10 Best Gold Shoes
1. Top Moda Hy-5
The toe portion of the shoe rests atop a stylish platform. This not only looks aesthetically pleasing but it takes some pressure off of the foot when wearing heels. Its also prevents the arch from being overextended and damaging the bones in the foot. One last benefit is it makes the shoes a little bit easier to walk in.
All ladies can just about agree, high heels are far from being extremely comfortable. However, the padded footbed of this heel does help to cushion the foot, absorb the impact and prevents the foot from sliding forward as much. It gives the foot some grip so you can feel more confident when walking in the heels.
Cost and value
These gorgeous shoes are at a great price point. They are the lower end of the category so you can get a great pair of shoes for a very reasonable price. You can get lots of wear from these shoes as they are very classic and can be paired with jeans, leggings, dresses, etc. They will more than pay for their cost as they are highly-rated for comfort and durability. Expect these shoes to last.
- Padded Footbed
- Raised Toe Platform
- Tractioned Sole
- Adjustable Strap
- Crocheted Mesh Picks Easily
2. Vans Old Skool
Cotton is the fabric known for breathability and comfort. This shoe is lined with a special cotton designed to breathe and mold to the foot. The lining will surround your foot with the softest feel.
The collar is the portion of the shoe that goes around the ankle. A strong support means the ankle is taken care of and has less chance of rolling in the instance of a misstep. It also keeps the fabric from rubbing and chafing the skin around the ankle as that part is exposed skin sometimes.
Cost and value
These awesomely appealing shoes that are from a well-branded company are a great value. Not only are you getting the reputation that Vans has built concerning their products, you are getting an extremely comfortable and durable shoe. You will not have trouble finding a reason to wear these sneakers. You can dress them up or down, especially since they are gold. The color will give a great color pop to any outfit. They might even become your daily wearing shoes you will love them so much.
- Slip-Resistant sole
- Strong Upper
- Padded Tongue And Collar
- Foam Padded Footbed
- All-Weather Wear Ability
- Glue Comes Apart At The Sole
- Not As Breathable
3. TOMS Gold Foil
TOMS created a sustainable line of footwear, with comfortable insoles and causal styling, to be made for daily wear and tear. Inspired from a trip to Argentina, the TOMS founder established their mission that each ‘pair purchased, another would be given for tomorrow’. These flats were not only made for daily use, and being on your feet most of the day, but also to be affordable and with a philanthropic mission backing their brand. Something you can feel good about with each purchase!
This particular pair of TOMS shows off gold foil spots, similar to a snow fall pattern, against canvas white background. The simple alpargata design allows for room in the toe box, as well as versatility to dress this pair up or keep it casual. Insoles keep your steps cushioned and soft, but the footbed is removable should you require room for orthotics. A cotton twill sockliner helps keep moisture from building up inside the shoe. Easy to wash should you need to, simply toss in a pillow case and into the gentle cycle of a washing machine.
Cost and Value
Budget friendly on our list, the TOMS Gold Foil is a pair you can feel good about purchasing, knowing that you’re helping provide footwear to those in need, and support TOMS One for One® mission. Glittery gold foil helps dress up this casual pair of flats, and will keep you comfortable all day at work, or just hanging out with friends. Well worth considering if you’re in the market for some sparkle!
4. Viotti Oxford
Oxford style footwear is usually something modest, clean and sleek, and formal in appearance with closed lacing system, where quarters are drawn together to close the shoe. The Viotti Oxford keeps this traditional design in structure of the shoe, but boosts its aesthetic for modern flair, with flashy rich gold coloring, satin panels, and gold laces. Best paired with more formal attire, it’s sure to be a statement maker and accent your style.
Synthetic sole allows for a confident, stable stride, while blocked heel elevates your physique. An inner lining helps keep feet comfortable and dry, and a bike track style toe allows for a roomier fit so you can stay on your feet longer. Quality materials help make the uppers of the Viotti, with satin and high-quality patent leather, so you can get the most bang for your buck!
Cost and Value
For a pair of oxford style shoes, the Viotti Oxford is quite budget friendly when compared to other brands and models. Add to this it’s unique gold coloring, and sophisticated panel design, and this royal number is sure to demand attention at your next big event. A great purchase for those in the market for a fun gold pair of formal footwear!
Wearing shoes that are heavy feels like wearing bricks. On the other hand, wearing shoes like these, which are lightweight, feels as if you are wearing nothing. They are also breathable since the material is not heavy.
Lightly padded collar
The padding of the collar on these shoes matches the style of the shoes. There is just enough padding to support the ankle without adding bulk and ugliness to the shoe. Your ankle will feel supported and protected from chafing.
Cost and value
These shoes are an excellent value. They rank at the lower end of our price range, especially when compared to other shoes in the category. You will be purchasing a pair of shoes that are dependable and durable. Furthermore, you should have no problem finding many times to wear these stylish sneakers.
- Synthetic Sole
- Lace-Up Vamp
- Padded Collar And Tongue
- Runs Small
- Narrow Toe Area
6. VenusCelia Natural Comfort
Not only is this outsole strongly rated for the grip it offers, it is a massaging outsole that prevents tired legs and feet. The outsole has a high tread pattern that will help you to feel confident when walking. There is nothing worse than wearing shoes that don't make you feel safe and secure. These shoes help with stability as the sole is malleable underfoot.
These shoes provide the ultimate versatility. They can transform from one style to another. They go from a slipper to a flat with the simple fold of a heel. You can transform your shoe giving you two looks for the price of one.
Cost and value
VenusCelia brings you a great value shoe at a great price. These shoes fall right into the lower end of the category when compared to other shoes in the category. They are a style that can fit into almost anyone's budget. Not to mention they are versatile and provide two different styles in one shoe. They really are a shoe that can go with so many clothing styles and outfits; these shoes can become an everyday shoe if you wanted them to be.
- Ultra Padded Footbed
- Weather Resistant
- Non-Slip Traction Sole
- Massaging Outsole
- Stitching Comes Lose
- Stiff Upper
7. Puma Basket Platform
Uppers of the Basket Platform are super shiny gold leather, reflecting light wherever you step. Leather quality keeps the uppers durable and easy to maintain should then get dirty, just simply wipe with a damp cloth to remove dirt or spots. Black laces tone down the shine, but also create a pleasing contrast and match the sole of the shoe. Definitely a show stopper option for a gold pair of sneakers.
The Puma Basket Platform has a thick, cushioned platform rubber sole that rises about an inch, giving some height to your gold paved steps. Black sole contrasts the bright gold and matches laces, and has a firm grip on the ground due to its patterned base. A slightly padded collar adds to the comfort by helping to prevent any irritation from movement or walking.
Cost and Value
Relatively budget friendly for a pair of sneakers, the Puma Basket Platform makes a bold bright statement to your outfits, while keeping a sneaker comfort fit you’ll not want to take off. With contrast sole and laces to compliment the gold leather uppers, it’s sure to make casual looks seem like party attire, and keep your feet wrapped in royalty.
Sizing Can Vary
Gold Color Durability
8. Dream Pairs Swan
Some of the best high heels that make a dramatic statement are those that tower and allow a stunning silhouette to the leg and foot. The Dream Pairs Swan towers 5 inches with a 1.25-inch platform, helping to stabilize the stiletto heel. TPR rubber out-sole allows for some durability and flex, and comfort can be found in the slightly padded insole made from faux leather.
The Dream Pairs Swan comes in a few different hues of gold to suit your style and shine. You can also choose slightly different styles of embellishment for sparkle, from more subdued to brighter and more eye-catching. Ankle strap keeps the sparkle going around to keep you in place and zipper back allows easy on and off. Cute peep toe design allows you to show off any new toenail polish to go with your outfit.
Cost and Value
Depending on which style you select, price can vary slightly, but the Dream Pairs Swan is by no means a pair of gold shoes that will break the bank. A wonderfully designed set of stiletto heels that will sparkle along with the stars as you dance your way into the evening, it’s a solid purchase for those looking for gold heels for their next party shoe.
Size Up by Half
9. Dream Pairs Luvly
The insole of this particular shoe is thickly cushioned so that you have an extra layer of comfort and protection. The insole acts as a barrier under your foot from the impact of each step. It prevents negative energy transfer. Also, it supports and cradles the foot. For a dress pump, these shoes have good cushioning.
While most shoe trend towards a very pointed toe, many women find that extremely uncomfortable. It also has the tendency to put undue stress on the toes and ball of the foot. Additionally, that can cause foot problems later in life. These shoes have a wider and rounded toe box. The feet fit better in that shape and it helps prevent the cramping pains.
Cost and value
For the beauty of these shoes that area good value. However, they came in the upper to middle price range in the category when compared to others. The shoes are durable and made by a company that produces reputable shoes. You should find many uses for these shoes other than just one special occasion. In the end, when compared to other dress or formal shoes, these rank at a very good overall price. They can fit into most budgets.
- Lower Heel
- Latex Insole
- Padded Footbed
- Stiff Upper
10. Littleboutique Embellished
Littleboutique places a very padded insole in this shoe. This helps to absorb the impact since the soles are thin, but also to cushion the foot. The texture of the insole will help keep your foot in place instead of sliding as far forward; thereby, cramming your toes into the point.
Back zipper closure
When you need a bit more room to squeeze your foot in, the back zipper will come in handy. You can unzip, get your foot in, and zip it back up. Also, at the end of the day after your feet could have swollen, you can unzip to give more room for your foot to come out with ease.
Cost and Value
Given that this brand is one of the more lesser known ones, you should luck out and get quite a bargain on these gorgeous heels. With these shoes, you get all the flash without having to spend too much cash.
- Padded Insole
- Varying Heel Heights
- Strong Sole
- Reinforced Heel
- Zippered Back
- Skin Can Poke Through Holes
- Straps Can Rub Skin
There are our top 10 choices for gold shoes. All of them are highly rated and reviewed for many different criteria points. There is a wide selection on our list so everyone should be able to find a shoe they like. You can be the envy of everyone that sees you by wearing any of those shoes. Gold is a great color to wear for so many events and outfits. You won’t have to worry about matching it perfectly with your outfit. The shoes will take over when you wear them.
Outlined below are our criteria that we used to evaluate and rank these shoes. We looked at the material, the style, the comfort, and price. Each of those categories had subcategories we classified these shoes by. If they did not meet most or all of our criteria they were eliminated.
Criteria Used to Evaluate the Best Gold Shoes
What kind of shoe style is the best for gold? Is there a style that is superior to the others? Conversely, does it depend on the event you need the shoes for or are these shoes for an everyday style? While some people do choose to wear high heels every day, for most that are not considered a viable option because of comfort or something else. Also, shoe shoes like flip-flops might not be able to be worn every day as some individuals have to go to a job where that is not appropriate.
We evaluated numerous different styles of shoes to make our list. In the end, the main categories are flats, sneakers, heels, and sandals.
- Flats- When choosing to wear flats, you are making a great all-around choice. This type of shoe can be worn for every situation. You can wear them for work, social events, and as an everyday shoe. Flats match any outfit whether dressy or casual. They are also a very comfortable option if you are faced with standing all day or lots of walking. They also can be worn in many different weather elements. They pair nicely and compliment dresses, shorts, pants, and leggings.
- Sneakers- The ever popular and always trendy sneaker or athletic shoe as it is sometimes referred to sound more pleasurable. Sneakers are a good choice for anyone. They can be fashionable if the correct pair is picked. They are beneficial for lots of walking. Some places of employment even allow employees to wear sneakers to work. Furthermore, with sneakers, you can get unparalleled foot support that almost no other shoe offers. In fact, if you are an individual with foot issues or stability problems you would probably be best served in sneakers. Having gold sneakers will put you at the top of the fashion game. Sneakers are also more versatile than other shoes on our list. Simply put, you can wear them in rain, sun, snow, sand, dirt, etc. The other style of shoes on our list have much more tailored situations they can be worn in.
- High Heels – While some women hate them, there are equally as many that love high heels. It takes a bit of practice to get your stride and balance when wearing high heels. However, once you do, you won’t look like a deer trying to get their legs under them. There is something regal and magical about wearing gold high heels. It brings to mind being a princess, dancing at the ball until midnight. High heels can make your legs looks longer and leaner. On the other hand, wearing high heels for prolonged periods generally, make the foot hurt. Long-term wear can also have adverse effects on the foot. Make sure to pair your favorite gold heels with the proper shoe inserts to support your foot the best that it can.
- Sandals – A top pick among men, women, and children are the famous sandal style. The sandal is always a top pick as a shoe choice as it is stylish and versatile. The people that love sandals are the ones that love the freedom their foot feel when wearing a sandal. It prevents the foot from overheating as they are mostly open and the airflow is superb in sandals. However, with as many positives to sandals, there are a few negatives. Things such as not being able to wear them in the cold weather prevent some people from wearing them. Also, they don’t make a good choice for rain as they tend to get slick when wet or your feet just get soaked in them. One last reason some people don’t like sandals is their feet are not in great shape. They can have dead skin, corns, or other foot imperfections. Contrary to popular belief, though, you don’t have to suffer from foot ailments as there are numerous remedies for most things that plague the foot.
- Breathability – When you put on shoes they might feel great right at first. However, after wearing them around for an hour or so, you notice your feet are sweating and they begin to get hotter and uncomfortable. You have 4 hours left until you can take them off. At this point, it is usually hard to focus on anything else because you just want to free your feet. When searching for a shoe that is comfortable you will want a shoe that is breathable. Not only are their personal comfort reasons, but wet shoes breed bacteria. Furthermore, bacteria can spread athlete’s feet and that is something that makes your foot very uncomfortable. Plus, it can be tricky to get rid of once you get it.Also, shoes that have wetness constantly trapped in them generally don’t last as long as they should. The wetness and bacteria deteriorate the integrity of the shoe. It can cause foul odors but worse the shoe to be unwearable because of mold or fungus growing inside the shoe. As if that weren’t bad enough, it is very difficult to wear shoes that your feet are not comfortable in. Selecting a shoe that is highly rated for breathability ensures you will have the best wearing experience possible. This will also pave the way for the shoe to be worn more times thus getting your usage out of a purchase. If you get shoes that are not comfortable, they will get crammed away not to be seen again until donation day.
- Material – The material of a shoe plays a huge part in how breathable the shoe actually is. There is also numerous single materials used in a particular shoe as well as blends of materials. Across the board, the material will also vary from each shoe type compared to another. For example, a work boot is not going to be structurally made from the same material as a flip-flop.In terms of the material affecting the breathability and the comfort of the shoe, we must first talk about the types of materials there are to make shoes. To begin, the ever-famous leather shoe. Leather shoes are great for durability. Leather has been used in shoes for hundreds of years as people in olden times needed their goods to last much longer since they weren’t mass produced. When you purchase leather you can know the material is going to be heavy and probably hotter than say a mesh shoe. On the other hand, leather is a great material for durability and can be worn in all weather elements. Therefore, if you are someone that lives in an area that experiences many weather events, leather shoes are a great choice. Leather is so very easy to clean. It is resistant to stains also.Next, for materials, is canvas. Canvas shoes are widely popular as they are super lightweight, move with your foot, and are highly breathable. Canvas shoes are a great choice for many people as they still protect the whole foot but are lighter weight than a leather shoe. Canvas shoes are easy to clean and care for too.Another widely used material is mesh. Mesh is typically what makes most athletic sneakers. The reason mesh is used is because it is lightweight and breathable. Mesh is a choice material for shoes for its flexibility. In that manner, the shoe moves easier with the foot instead of resisting against it. This can make the legs not tire as easy, especially for things such as long walking. Mesh is easy to care for. It is easy to clean and resists stains also.Those are just some of the materials that are most commonly used in the production of shoes. Some designers get far-fetched ideas and have made shoes from crazy materials. However, for the most part, the materials above are the preferred to be used. It is because they have built a reputation in the shoe world. They are the materials that are most expected in shoes. Also, there is an element to familiarity with those materials. That is not to say that something else is not as good or even better. Those types of materials are easily available and mass produced. It keeps costs down by using materials that are easy to get.
- Flexibility – Some of the biggest complaints about shoes are they are too stiff, too flimsy or they don’t move with the foot. This is all adversely affected by the flexibility of the shoe. That is not just in relation to the upper of the shoe either. The sole of the shoe needs to be flexible on most shoes in order for it to feel good on the foot. The one exception that generally comes to mind is high heels. High heels have to have a rigid bottom in order to support the foot that is elevated off of the ground. Otherwise, most shoe companies that produce other shoes strive to have an upper and sole that is flexible. Can you imagine your walking shoe if it didn’t flex with your foot?A shoe that does not move can easily tire the legs and feet out. Moreover, too rigid of a shoe will cause the person to not wear it. That is because the shoe is going to be very uncomfortable and probably feel like a brick attached to the foot, instead of a high-quality shoe. For the most part, the flexibility of the shoe does, in fact, come from the sole. The sole needs to be made of a material that can move easily. This is why you will find the soles of most shoes are made of rubber. The most popular method of sole production is the blown rubber technique.
- Padding – Of all the things that a shoe is judged for in terms of comfort, padding is the one most crucially judged by the consumer. It is the first 5 seconds of putting a shoe on, that a person decides whether the shoe is comfortable or not to be worn further. If a person does not find the shoe comfortable, they are going to immediately move on to the next shoe. However, if the shoe garners the comfort rating of a consumer, the person will decide the next personal criteria to meet for the best shoe.For the padding, most people neglect to think that it starts in the sole. The sole and its layers are the portion of the shoe that provides shock absorption with all of the steps. It protects the joints from injury over time. Having a sufficient padding level in the sole affects the overall padding feel in the entire shoe. For example, high heels. They offer hardly any padding in the sole or the footbed. It would take away from the aesthetic look if a high heel had a massive sole for padding.Most people assume the padding is the portion of the interior of the shoe that the foot rests against. This is known as the footbed. The footbed of shoes can be made of different things. The most popular is going to be memory foam. People are familiar with memory foam and therefore shoe designers choose to use it in the shoe. It also is a very soft part of the shoe for the foot to rest against. The footbed of a shoe can either be removable or stationary. That is a personal preference of the shoe designer.
- Price – Price is a huge factor in whether someone chooses to purchase a shoe or not. In addition, some people cannot afford to purchase very expensive shoes. When we examined the shoes for this list, we heavily considered the price range that could fit most consumers and their budget. Gold shoes are very popular and therefore the price can be inflated. The gold aspect makes the shoes seem more glamorous and in some shoes were very highly priced. We tried to find the best shoes that fell within a certain price range to make the buyer feel more confident in their purchase. Perhaps the shoes will only be worn on a few occasions. Therefore, it doesn’t make sense for some people to spend a lavish amount of money on shoes that will not be worn a lot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What makes gold shoes so popular?
A: Gold has always been associated with glitz and glamour. It is a symbol of money and wealth. Therefore, gold shoes are immediately shifted into the same category of thoughts. Gold is also a great color to wear for any occasion. They make a versatile shoe and seem flashy or casual depending on the outfit or situation they are worn with regards to.
Q: Who can wear gold shoes?
A: Everyone can easily sport a gold pair of shoes. There is not a person that can’t find a reason to wear gold shoes. Around the holidays and for weddings they are a very popular color. However, don’t let that stop you from purchasing a pair to wear now. You can instantly feel like a trendsetting when you put a pair of gold shoes on your feet.
Q: Don’t gold shoes look good on just girls?
A: No way! Guys and girls can both wear this pop of color on their feet. No longer are shoes that stand out made just for women. As a man, you can make your feet the center of attention.
- The Spring 2018 Shoe Trends That Fashion's 'It' Girls Are Wearing, ,
- 13 Pairs of Shoes That Will Go With Everything You Pack, ,
- 20 Style Tips On How To Wear Metallic Gold Shoes Read more: http://www.gurl.com/2017/01/28/style-tips-on-how-to-wear-metallic-gold-shoes-sneakers-outfit-ideas/#ixzz5PaSdVCWW, ,
- What To Wear With Gold Shoes, ,
- How to Style Trendy Metallic Shoes in 2018, ,