Best Purple Shoes Reviewed & Rated
The color purple has numerous associations, from royalty and nobility, to luxury and power, even ambition and wealth. It is the chosen color for signifying creativity and wisdom, pride and mystery. But even without its symbolism, the numerous hues of purple are beautiful sights that can transform an outfit, making it eye-catching and bold without going over the top. In that sense, very few things can give you the look of casual luxury like a beautiful pair of purple shoes.
- Clarks Wallabee
- Nubuck Upper
- Crepe Rubber Outsole
- Converse Chuck Taylor
- High or Low Top
- Rubber Outsole
- Crocs Classic
- Arch Support
- Massaging Footbed
In nature, purple is a thing of beauty – it is rarely occurring, but when it happens, it does so in the most breathtaking flowers – from mallows to thistles, orchids to pansies, and even in sweet fruits like plums or mullberries. Throughout history, it has been used for garments worn by kings and queens, and to this day remains a popular choice for formal occasions. However, unlike in ancient times, garments and footwear that are dyed various shades of the color are easy to come by, and can even be found in a huge variety of hues. Shoes made in purple are abundant, and if you are looking forward to adding a pair to your wardrobe, all you have to do is choose a pair that will fit all your needs.
This list looks at some of the best shoes made in all versions of the color – from pale to dark, from pastel to fluorescent. Some models will even be available in a couple of different shades, but you will find that all items on this list have been chosen not just for their looks, but also their quality and comfort. Sneakers, slippers, heels and sandals – you will find all of these here, and all you’ll have to do is choose just one style.
10 Best Purple Shoes
1. Clarks Wallabee
The Wallabee features a rolled up moc-toe, and two eyelets with leather laces to allow you to customize the fit. They’re soft and flexible in the upper, and will easily mold to your foot, both allowing it to move freely, as well as keeping it just the right amount of warm and ventilated.
The outsole of the Wallabee is made with crepe rubber, which is not only the most comfortable outsole you can get in a pair of non-athletic shoes, it is also eco friendly, provides excellent traction and cushions well. On the inside, you’ll find an additionally cushioning insole that will make walking even easier. This means you’ll easily wear the Clarks Wallabee for entire days without feeling any discomfort.
Cost and Value
High quality also means a high price. Though it’s not a formal style, the price of the Clarks Wallabee will compete with some of the more high end items on this list. Nonetheless, if you’re really interested in making a good purchase, getting a pair of shoes that will last for several years, and want to ensure your own comfort, then this is definitely the shoe to go with.
Sole Might Be Soft for Heavy Users
2. Converse Chuck Taylor
Made with a soft and flexible rubber outsole, the Chuck Taylor is an excellent pair of sneakers to wear wherever you’re headed. Not only will it keep you safe through it’s slip resistant design, it will also be able to take quite a beating due to its durable construction. Furthermore, paired with a softly cushioned insole, these shoes are excellent for shock absorption, allowing you to go further without experiencing too much pain after hours on your feet.
As you know, Converse All Star Chuck Taylors come in two heights - low top and high top. The purple version is available in both, which means that all you have to do is choose which of the options you prefer. Looking for easy summer shoes? Go with low. Prefer more ankle stability? Then the high tops are best for you.
Cost and Value
The Converse All Star Chuck Taylor combines classic design with high performance features, giving you an excellent pair of everyday footwear for a price that is quite low. Depending on the variation you choose - high top or low top, as well as the material you want your sneakers to be made of (leather or canvas) you will find some variations in cost, nonetheless, they will still make for a fairly inexpensive pair of shoes that can easily be paired with almost anything in your closet.
Soft Tongue And Collar
Rubber Toe Guard
Canvas Or Leather Upper
Beware Of Counterfeit Products
3. Crocs Classic
Anyone who suffers from foot related issues such as low arches, bunions or even heel pain will benefit from having a pair of Crocs they can slip into when they’re not supposed to look too sharp. Featuring generous arch support, a roomy fit, as well as a massaging footbed, these clogs are going to bring you more comfort than any other pair of shoes you own. So much, in fact, you’ll even be tempted to wear them to work.
Leather and suede are amazing materials, but can sometimes be a real pain to keep clean and looking fresh. The Crocs Classic Clog is made with their signature Croslite material that’s not only water friendly (meaning you can just hose these off when they get dirty), it’s also buoyant, durable and odor-resistant.
Cost and Value
Considering all the features that they boast, Crocs come at a really low price that will match anyone’s budget. They’re a great option for children and adults, and come in a rainbow of colorways for everyone’s taste. Comfy and simple, you’ll definitely love wearing these shoes as often as possible.
Great Arch Support
Pivoting Heel Strap
Unsuitable for Professional or Formal Wear
No Half Sizes
4. Dr. Martens 1460
Boots can be a pian to put on, but not the Dr. Martens 1460. In addition to a well-designed lacing system, it also boasts a rear pull loop which was added to aide the putting on of these shoes. Instead of spending precious minutes on getting dressed, you will easily slip these on with the help of this handy feature.
A generous 7-inch shaft will keep your legs and ankles secure and protected, whatever conditions you decide to wear your Doc Martens in. With 8 eyelets that allow for a customized lacing closure, you will easily find the perfect tightness for you, regardless of whether you prefer a snug or roomy fit.
Cost and Value
While these boots are definitely at the higher end of our price range, you are getting a versatile boot that you will be able to wear for many years to come. With proper care, your pair of Dr. Martens will last a lifetime, and you’ll find that they won’t need too much fuss to keep them looking new. Once you’ve broken them in, they’ll be the most comfortable boots in your closet, and you’ll easily pair them with any outfit you decide to wear, be it casual or formal.
Contrast Welt Stitching
Heavy Tread Pattern
Real Pull Loop
Oil and Slip-Resistant
Long Break-In Time
5. Yellow Box Jello Sandal
The footbed of the shoe is a strong memory foam that is very sponge like in that it will mold to your foot, but will easily return to its original shape when you take this sandal off. It has excellent shock absorbing and cushioning properties, and you’ll find yourself reaching for these sandals more often than you’ve thought you would.
You can rest assured that this shoe will assist you every step of the way, no matter where you’re headed. Made with a non-slip outsole that grips the floor to give you piece of mind, the Yellow Box Jello is an excellent choice for multiple surfaces, including tile and polished floors.
Cost and Value
This sandal is a great buy and value considering that it can fit anyone’s budget and will perform quite well thanks to its performance oriented features.It’s lightweight and comfortable, and will work just as well for travel as it will for use around the house. You’ll enjoy wearing them as often as you can, which is, ultimately, what makes them such a good option.
Soft Toe Thong
Non-slip Rubber Outsole
Memory Foam Footbed
Unsuitable For Wear Around Water
Dye May Stain
6. ASICS GEL-Kayano 24
Utilizing multi-directional stretch mesh, the GEL-Kayano ensures that you receive the best possible fit that’ll securely hold your feet without ever becoming too cramped or restraining. Combined with a Heel Clutching System, you can run as far and as fast as you wish without having to worry about heel slippage, blisters or any other fit-related issue.
ASICS running gear is loved by many because of the GEL cushioning system they use in order to comfort and protect your feet. The Kayano features gel pads both in the forefoot and rearfoot, absorbing shock from your landings and giving you a good amount of energy rebound for each toe off. This means longer runs, less fatigue.
Cost and Value
Ranking average on this list when it comes to price, and even being an averagely priced running shoe, the GEL-Kayano 24 is an excellent choice if you are more athletically inclined. It’s one of the highest rated running shoes available at the moment, so you can rest assured you’ll be more than happy with your purchase.
Stretch Mesh Upper
Promotes Natural Gait
Runs Slightly Narrow
7. Hunter Short
One of the best things about Hunter wellies is the outsole, which features deep grooves made especially to ensure that you get a lot of traction on all types of terrain - even if you happen to find yourself traversing through mud. They’ll easily shed the dirt, and can be cleaned in no time, making them a no-fuss pair of footwear that just so happens to come in purple.
In order to prevent your skin from coming in contact with the rubber these boots are made with, the Hunter Short is lined with textile which has several important properties. First, it is soft to the touch and won’t chafe or rub. Second, it prevents the buildup of moisture and helps maintain a healthy environment inside the boots.
Cost and Value
Although it looks simple, the Hunter Short is a pair of footwear that doesn’t exactly come cheap. With a price that’s above average on this list, these boots can be considered an investment. If you require a pair of shoes that will protect you from water, that’ll look absolutely cute, and that will last for a while, then you should definitely invest in them. However, if these are not high priorities on your list of needs, then you can easily skip these.
8. Vans Old Skool Classic
Having a shoe with a padded tongue gives the top of your foot cushion against the laces. It also keeps the skin from being chafed or rubbed if you happen to prefer lacing your sneakers tight. Another excellent comfort feature is the padded collar that protects the ankle and back of the heel, and can make a difference between a style that’s a pleasure to wear and one you can’t wait to get off.
Featuring a waffle patterned outsole that’s both flexible and offers excellent grip, the Vans Old Skool Classic is a comfortable pair of shoes for all day wear. They’ll do just as well on the board as they will for regular walking, and you’ll have the advantage of a non-slip sole to keep you safe on all surfaces.
Cost and Value
For such a cool and iconic shoe, the price of the Vans Old Skool Classic is fabulous. Typically, with this name brand and quality of the shoe, consumers expect to pay much more, but this sneaker falls right in the middle of our price range. Affordable for almost anyone, the Classics are a great option for an everyday lifestyle pair of shoes you’ll never want to take off.
Padded Tongue And Collar
Vintage Canvas Upper
9. TOMS Classic
The upper of the TOMS Classics is made out of sturdy but flexible canvas, with an elastic gore that makes it easier to slip them on and off. Though at first your TOMS might feel snug, you will find that after a few wears they will mold to your foot perfectly, giving you a sock like feel you’ll love wearing on any occasion you can.
In addition to being comfy over the top of the foot, TOMS also boast some pretty neat features underfoot. With an EVA outsole that’s cushioning and soft, as well as a suede footbed that is soft to the touch, breathable and 100% natural, you can rest assured your feet won’t feel cramped or painful at the end of a long day spent walking.
Cost and Value
TOMS shoes come with a price point you may consider high for a canvas slip on, but they’re so comfortable, you’ll never want to take them off. Ranking average on this list when it comes to cost, they’re a great investment not only if you’re after some stylish loafers, but even more, if you want to help others through making a purchase as well.
EVA Rubber Outsole
Stretch Elastic On Vamp
Narrow Toe Box
Beware Of Counterfeit Products
10. Badgley Mischka Kiara
The upper of the Kiara is made with satin canvas, giving away an air of luxury and style. Available in a number of colors, the deep purple version being our favorite, it also features crystal embellishments that have been attached by hand, giving these shoes that extra sense of style.
The leather most definitely adds a touch of luxury to this shoe. It is sophisticated and refined, and is extremely comfortable underfoot. However, it is important to mention that leather can become slick when it gets wet or worn down. Use caution when walking in these shoes.
Cost and Value
The Kiara by Badgley Mischka is by no means a cheap shoe. It's one of the most expensive options on our list, which comes as no surprise considering that it is built with luxurious materials, features a high-end design and is hand-embellished. Nonetheless, if you can find it in your budget to purchase a pair of these pumps, you can rest assured you'll be more than happy to wear them on multiple occasions.
Wrapped Stiletto Heel
Leather Outsole Wears Easily
With this many gorgeous pairs of purple shoes, we have no doubt that there was at least one style that managed to catch your eye. Whether you decide for something completely casual and comfort oriented, or you choose to get a pair of luxurious high heels to wear on special occasions, you will find that all of the options above have been chosen due to their pleasing aesthetics, construction and value. From Crocs to stilettos, loafers to sneakers, you’ll find that all featured models perform well, all while giving you the benefit of a wonderful, unique color to take your outfit to the next level.
If you’re interested in even more information about how we chose the best footwear to make this list, you should read on, seeing that the Criteria for Evaluation holds valuable tips on how to make the best choice for your needs. Furthermore, make sure not to miss the FAQ section with answers to some important questions regarding how to take care of your favorite pair of purple footwear.
Criteria Used to Evaluate the Best Purple Shoes
The main thing to examine when looking for a pair of purple shoes is the style. What do you need the shoes for? Will they become an everyday shoe you want to sport when out and about on the regular? Or are they for a special occasion outfit that you will wear a couple of times. Knowing exactly what you need from your footwear can make a huge difference when it comes to your satisfaction after purchase. There are a few styles to consider, if you’re not entirely sure what you are after:
- Athletic – These are types of shoes that most people wear for exercise or gym facility purposes. As of late, they have become a staple in daily wear thanks to a rise in the popularity of gym wear for everyday life. They have a traditional look with the thick rubber soles, mesh or leather upper, and laces. Purple athletic shoes will add pizzazz to your workout routine and could possibly make running errands not so tedious. Or so we could hope.
- Casual – Casual sneakers are more low key than athletic sneakers. You see many styles and types of these shoes as they are convenient and comfortable. They are designed for aesthetics not so much purpose in terms of mimicking traditional athletic shoes. While some may opt to wear these in the gym, it is not advisable, seeing that they lack the support and cushioning you need for more strenuous activities. Shoes in this manner can be associated with a preppy look. They make a great choice for everything from work to school, young and old alike.
- Combat – Originally designed to be used by soldiers, combat boots have quickly gained popularity among everyone else thanks to their great features.Some people like the warmth they provide. Others enjoy them for their protection while working, etc. The combat boot is rugged but still stylish. It can be worn with jeans, dresses, and more. It is a great choice for people that need a boot for any reason. Having a purple combat boot will most definitely make you stand out as combat boots in general catch the eyes of everyone.
- Cowboy – Cowboy boots aren’t just worn by cowboys. They are loved and adored by country music fans, rustic photographers, and more. They are a great choice for boots if you need them for style or functionality. They can be considered a work boot. However, they are generally intricately designed and most people would choose not to wear them solely for work. Cowboy boots are a great choice if you are looking for a boot to keep your feet warm and/or protected.
- Dress – Dress boots are boots that could be worn for more fancy occasions such as dinner parties and weddings. They could also easily be worn to work and not look like a sore thumb sticking out. Dress boots typically will have a nicer sheen to them. For women, you will find them in many varying heel heights, such as flat all the way to 6-inches. For men, the basic flat will do. Also, shaft height will be greatly varying. Some boots are ankle boots while others come up to past your knee level.
- Flip-Flops- Almost everyone owns at least one pair of flip-flops. They are probably a close tie with sneakers as everyone’s favorite shoe. They are open so your feet can breathe and go with any type of clothing you want to pair them with; dresses, shorts, jeans, khakis, etc. Flip-flops have the generalization of being casual shoes. However, with just the right outfit you could most certainly raise that standard some.
- Sandals – The difference between a sandal and a flip-flop is the toe strap. A flip-flop is considered a sandal but a sandal is not the same as a flip-flop. Sandals can have any range of straps to secure the foot into place inside the shoe. A flip-flop has the traditional “Y” strap that goes over the foot and in between the big and second toes. Sandals are also considered to be more dressy overall than a flip-flop. Sandals are also accepted in more places, such as work or church, to be appropriate attire over flip-flops.
- Stilleto –What a gorgeous style of shoe. Add a purple flair, even better! Stiletto heels are either completely loved or miserably hated by women around the globe. If you love them, you not only love the way they look. You are a huge fan of how they make your legs look, how wonderful they make your posture, or how well they develop your leg muscles when you walk in them. If you hate them, you find the heels too hard or too uncomfortable to wear. A stiletto is defined as a shoe with a very thin stiletto spike to walk on under the heel. Some stiletto shoes have heights topping 6-inches!
- Wedge – Wedges are easy to put on and they are relatively comfortable to walk around in. You can get the benefit of the high heel in terms of posture and a leg workout, all without the worrisome walk in stilettos that takes much practice to get the hang of. Wedges are usually highly acclaimed for being comfortable for all-day wear.
- Pump – A classic pump is most recognized by a lower and thicker heel than a stiletto. The heel is not so tall and usually hovers around the 1″-3″ mark for height. These type of heels a great alternative to those that still want to be dressed up but tend to get uncomfortable wearing high heels. The pump allows you to feel more secure when walking.
- Ballet flat – These grew to popularity as a fashion shoe over the past 10 years. They are a nice break from cramping high heels as they are flat and allow for proper splaying of the bones. Ballet flats are considered dressy or casual depending on what you have them paired with outfit wise. They are a good choice for people that do not feel comfortable walking in high heels.
- Mules – Mules are another great alternative to high heels. The mule is popular amongst young and old, men and women alike. Usually, mules have a very good sole traction that prevents slipping. These are a popular choice among nurses and other professionals that require stability.
After you have picked a shoe based on the style that you require the next biggest criteria milestone to evaluate is the comfortableness of the shoes. There are a few things that help to evaluate how comfortable a shoe is going to be.
First, the flexibility. The type of shoe you get will determine its flexibility. For the best possible wearing experience, look for footwear that allows you to naturally move, without constricting any of your movements.
The second most important factor in the performance of any pair of shoes is the sole – protecting the feet and cushioning your steps, it has the purpose of protecting you both from the surface underfoot, as well as the excess shock that is generated with each of your steps.
Last but not least, the material of the upper plays a big role in the comfort levels a pair of shoes will provide. There are numerous options, but here are the pros and cons for some of the most popular materials used in constructing footwear:
- Leather – Leather is a material that is very durable. In fact, it has been used for hundreds of years for the same reason. Before simple production methods of today and also when materials were not as easy to come by, leather was used because of its unmatched durability, warmth, and waterproofing capabilities. You won’t have to worry if you get stuck out in a rainstorm wearing leather shoes. For the same reasons, leather is still widely and popularly used today. It makes a very strong and durable shoe. Leather is also preferred by many because it is easy to clean. Finally, many people prefer leather for the sheer look of it compared to mesh or other materials. On the other hand, leather is warmer than some other materials. Additionally, if you tend to have “hotter” feet than you might want to reconsider leather as a choice for shoe material and pick something that has less heat retention.
- Canvas – Shoes that are made from canvas have an easy-breezy appeal to them. You immediately think of warm summer nights and wearing these shoes. Canvas shoes are lightweight and look good with many different styles of clothing. Canvas is generally easy to clean and can last a long time when properly cared for. Canvas promotes good breathability and airflow. Therefore your feet will stay cooler inside these shoes than some other materials.
- Suede – Suede shoes aren’t just sung about. Suede is a somewhat popular choice for shoe material because of the wow factor it provides shoe designers. Suede is also a flexible material so if you are looking for a flexible and sharp looking shoe, this might be your winner. Suede does run on the hotter side as it does not breathe easily and retains heat.
- Mesh – This is a material that is widely popular and used in many shoes. Mesh is bendable and makes for a great material in sneakers. Mesh is also very breathable and promotes good airflow. It is also a quick-drying fabric so should it get wet it will dry in just a short time.
Durability and Affordability
Even if you find the perfect style of shoe and it has all the comfort characteristics you are searching for, ultimately, for most people, it comes down to affordability. Everyone has a price threshold based on their individual budget. If a shoe is out of the price range they are looking at, consumers will not buy that shoe. They will move on to the next runner-up and go through the other criteria again. We searched through hundreds of shoes and the last criteria we narrowed it down by was the price. It is important to include a wide variety of shoes in a shopping budget that almost anyone can afford. Even if that means they have to save for a few weeks to purchase their favorite pair.
Affordability is a two-fold street. A shoe can be affordable but if it doesn’t last then that is not a smart purchase either. Having to replace one pair of shoes every three months is no smarter financially than just buying a more expensive pair in the beginning. This is not to say that because a shoe is lower-priced it is not durable. We scoured reviews from many different sources concerning the durability and longevity of the particular shoe. If it was not highly-revered for durability it did not make it to the final list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I love purple shoes but what do I wear them with?
A: You could wear purple shoes with anything. Really our shoes can be the accessory or they can be the statement. As long as you aren’t timid about wearing purple shoes with anything, then go for it. More people will be impressed with the purple shoes than disappointed it doesn’t necessarily match your clothes.
Q: Can guys wear purple shoes?
A: Absolutely! The top 10 shoes we compiled above is just the surface of the pile of purple shoes. You can pick a pair to match on a broad basis or a pair to wear for a special occasion. Either way, go for it!
Q: How do I know which pair of shoes I should purchase for me?
A: That is a matter of personal preference. Do you need it for one certain thing? Or are you looking to add a pop of color to your daily shoe collection? There are many different styles in our top 10 list so you should have no trouble narrowing down a few perfect pairs for your needs.
Q: Will the purple stain my feet?
A: Some shoes do have the tendency to leak dye out onto the foot. This is more true for sandals and shoes that get wet repeatedly. It is best to read our reviews of the particular shoe. However, even if that ever does happen to you, it should clean up easily.