Best Under Armour Running Shoes Reviewed & Tested for Performance
When looking for the perfect running shoe, there are many variables to consider. One of the most important aspects is the running surfaces you may face, another is understanding the support you need, and you need to set a goal. Are you hoping to get a better time in your next marathon, going to try out trail running, want to start out your running career, or simply need a good shoe to go to the gym? Under Armour has been making great strides in the running shoe world, and has a great shoe for all of your running goals.
- Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo
- Foam infused heel
- Under Armour SpeedForm Slingride TRI
- Two-Piece Charged Cushioning
- Under Armour Dash 2
- One-piece EVA midsole
You may know Under Armour for the quality clothing lines, and the quality of the running shoes will not disappoint. Each shoe listed in this top 10 list have benefits to set you up for success for all of your running needs.
10 Best Under Armour Running Shoes
1. Under Armour SpeedForm Apollo 2
Support - The extra cushion in the midsole will provide great support to all arch types. You may find you need a little extra support if you have particular needs, but the factory construction will allow for most arch types to feel very comfortable.
Cost and Value - You can expect to get a lot of miles out of this shoe, so you can feel confident they will provide a great value.
Flexible rubber outsole
Dual layered midsole
Seamless heel cup to avoid any rubbing
Silicone grip in the heel will allow for a locked-in, anatomical fit
- Not true to size, order ½ size up
- A few short runs are needed to break them in
2. Under Armour SpeedForm Slingride TRI
Construction - Between the woven and durable fabric, dual layered midsole, and padded tongue, you will find this shoe to be incredible comfortable for all of your running needs.
Cost and Value - This shoe is excellent value if you will be using them for training, and for your races. Due to the versatile construction to allow for ideal conditions in sprints, and long distances, you will find this rivals the best of all running shoes.
- Dyneema, the world’s strongest fiber, is woven into the shoe
- Innovative construction
- Style options
- Rubber sole
- Not true to size, order one size up
3. Under Armour SpeedForm Gemini
Moisture Wicking - This shoe has an embedded sockliner that will keep your feet dry from sweat or water. The added feature will also help with smell and adds comfort to your run.
Cost and Value - Comparable to the top competition, this running shoe is a great value, especially for those looking to run longer distances.
- Over 20 color options
- Ultrasonic welded seaming with Bemis tape
- Durable and comfortable structure
- Under Armour’s SpeedForm technology
- Shoe strings can seem elastic, and may not feel tight enough
4. Under Armour Toccoa
Versatility - Lightweight, built in webbing, and cushioned midsole will provide support with all of your running needs.
Cost and Value - This shoe is on the cost-sensitive side for Under Armour shoes, a fantastic value if you are looking for a jack-of-all-trades running shoe.
- Die-cut, full-length EVA sockliner
- High quality textiles
- More true to size than most Under Armour shoes
- Less time to break-in than most Under Armour shoes
- Doesn’t have anything reflective, so extra safety gear is needed if you run early morning or late nights
5. Under Armour Dash 2
Lifespan - The textiles, solid rubber outsole, and stitched leather all add up to a long lasting running shoe. The longevity of the Under Armour Dash 2 is a major benefit.
Cost and Value - For casual runners, this shoe is excellent value. The shoe will not need to be replaced as frequently as other running shoes, and you will be able to wear this shoe for activities besides running.
- Mesh top allows for great breathability
- EVA foam midsole
- Various color combinations
- Easy to clean
- Not true to size for wide feet
6. Under Armour SF Apollo TWST
Modern Elements - Between the Bemis tape with the welded seaming, the adjustable lock down heel strap, and the slim fit tongue, this running shoe is not short of modern touches.
Cost and Value - If you are looking for a one shoe fits all, this may be on the expensive side. The construction
- Lightweight design
- True to size for an Under Armour shoe
- Eye catching and neutral color combinations
- Comfortable materials
- Insole is not removable, so no extra or custom support can be added
7. Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
Moisture Control - The fabric isn’t necessarily water resistant, so if you live in a dry or warmer climate this would not be an issue. However, the Antimicrobial Ortholite sock liner does lend a hand to moisture control. If you live in a warmer climate, this will help if you find your feet sweat, or if you live in a moist climate this will help keep the inside of your shoe dry.
Cost and Value - Great value for a warm or dry climate mid to long distance runner. If you live in a climate that is typically wet, it may not be a great value unless you plan to run mostly indoors.
- Durable materials
- Non-adjustable tongue, no slipping
- Lightweight design
- Firm external heel
- Runs narrow in fit
8. Under Armour Thrill 3
Flexibility - When purchasing running shoes, it is really important you understand your foot. You can visit any running store and talk to them about your needs, and some stores even have technology to look at your foot and tell you immediately what you need. If you need more flexibility in your running shoe, then the Under Armour Thrill 3 would be ideal for you. There are flex grooves built into the outsole to offer flexibility in all of the right places.
Cost and Value - Depending on what the use of this running shoe is, it can be of excellent value. This shoe is so versatile that you will find it can simplify your needs. If you are looking for a long distance running shoe, this may not be the best value to you, unless you strictly use it for cross training.
- Mesh fabric, breathability and lightweight
- True to size
- Low maintenance design
- EVA sockliner
- If you need more support, it would require additional support inserts
9. Under Armour XC Mid-Trail
Water Proof - Trails don’t always have great drainage, and can have mud or small streams you have to run through. These running shoes repel water and are easy to clean and maintain. Understand that if you are running through mud, your shoes are not likely to look brand new, but they clean easy enough to keep an attractive appearance if cleaned regularly.
Cost and Value - These shoes are only a good value if you think you will be trail running more than one or two times in a month. If you find that you will only run on trails every once in a while, then they would not be of great value and quite expensive.
- Will keep your feet dry in all weather conditions
- Bright colors, ideal in nature
- Durable fabric and construction
- Lightweight design
- You may need added support which may make your shoe feel a little tight until you break them in
10. Under Armour Micro G Assert 6
Durable Design - From the leather overlay to the Micro G foam insert, you will find this shoe is great quality. The upgraded designs that are featured in many Under Armour shoes, such as the EVA sockliner, are also included with this running shoe.
Cost and Value - Great value for a dynamic running shoe. You can run short, mid and long distances and use this shoe for cross training and all running conditions.
- Great ankle and arch support
- Quality materials
- Large selection of colors
- Upgraded shoe technology
- Runs small
- Color isn’t always true to the picture
Think about your running goals. Are you a beginning runner who averages a few miles per week, or are you training to run a long distance race? Your goal will lead you to your ideal Under Armour running shoe. Use this guide to provide the parameters, lace up those running shoes, and enjoy your run.