Best Foot Massagers Reviewed & Rated for Quality
When it comes to finding a way to relax and unwind after a long and tiring day on your feet, there is nothing that can beat a thorough foot massager to indulge your aching senses. Massaging the feet can alleviate tension and bring about a deep state of relaxation. For those that may suffer from foot problems such as plantar fasciitis, a deep tissue foot massage is essential for pain relief.
A foot massager can also be a great gift for one of your loved ones to show them that you really care, as it is something that is both personal and worthwhile. In any circumstance, a good foot massager will always be an investment as they can provide ongoing relief and leave you feeling revitalized after a long day on your feet.
- Theraflow Dual
- Great for Plantar Fasciitis
- Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless
- TheraFlow Roller
Did you know that foot massages are restorative in nature and can restore your energy levels? Shiatsu Massages are known to improve blood circulation and remove any blockages to blood flow that may occur over time. Our feet truly deserve more love for all the weight they bear each day. So when you start to feel sharp pain and tension under the soles of your feet, the best thing you can do is invest in a worthwhile foot massager give your feet some much-needed love. There are lots of high-quality foot massagers out there on the market that cater to different needs and lifestyles. For this reason, I have put together the best foot massagers that deliver on all of the above.
10 Best Foot Massagers
1. Theraflow Dual
The Theraflow comprises of five rows of sturdy rollers with grooves on the outer edges to provide a deeply comforting foot massage. The fifth roller includes larger protruding pegs designed to provide deep penetration to the soles of the feet.
Portable and Simple Design
The Theraflow provides a simple, lightweight design that makes it very easy to use with no setup time required. It can be used whilst watching television, working at the office or even for short-term commutes away from home.
Cost and Value
There is little to fault with the Dual Theraflow as it provides an overall comfortable and relaxing experience for those seeking a product to reduce feet pain and tension. This product requires no delicate care and can be utilised anywhere as it produces virtually no sound.
No wires required
Easy use design
No slip grip
Fifth row roller providing deep penetration
Requires physical movement of the legs
2. TheraFlow Roller
Wooden in design, the Foot Roller is comprised of a simple platform base that houses two separate rollers. Rollers have grooves and nubs so as to help stimulate and relax tender foot skin and muscles. You are able to roll both feet in different directions at the same time, so you can simply sit and create a massage you need for your feet.
With an improved design upon other older models, the foot roller is ideal to help relieve tension in the arch of the foot, even for those with higher arches. Portable and lightweight, it’s a great travel option to help keep your foot care maintained. And, TheraFlow will replace or refund the product with a no-hassle guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with it for any reason at all!
Cost and Value
The most budget friendly option on our list, yet still highly adored with enormous positive feedback, the TheraFlow Foot Roller is a smart purchase. Perfect for travelers, or those who just want something simple to help ease their tension, it’s worth the small investment to try out. Relax, sit back, and get the perfect foot massage for your needs!
Single Roller Per Foot
3. Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless
The Pure-Wave CM7 boasts six different attachments that comprise of a six-head stick for bigger muscle areas, a point stick for more direct impact (perfect for soreness under the feet), an air cushion stick for delicate areas such as the ankle and knee, a facial scalp and a body oil stick.
High Intensity Power
For a handheld cordless massage, the Pure-Wave CM7 is strikingly powerful. On its lowest level, the machine vibrates at 1500 rpm and reaches a maximum level of 3700 rpm. This is great for providing a really deep tissue massage and targeting those hard to reach knots. This also is great for speeding up muscle recovery for athletes and active individuals.
Cost and Value
If you are willing to invest in a higher end massager that caters to all body parts, the Pure-Wave CM7 is worthwhile. It provides variety, high power and a rechargeable battery for those that would like to use it on the go.
- Cordless Massager
- Caters to all body parts
- Easy to assemble
- High intensity power
- Requires to be held whilst in use
- Only targets one body part at a time
4. Miko Shiatsu
The Miko Shiatsu provides a soft touch panel in the center between the two-foot chambers. This enables you to customize your massage experience catered to your own feet. The wireless remote provided provides the flexibility to change massage configurations easily whilst multitasking.
There are five different air pressure settings allowing you to adjust the massage to allow for a deeply invigorating experience or a more relaxed and calming one. This is ideal for those looking to stimulate blood circulation in the feet.
Cost and Value
Despite its sleek design, the Miko Shiatsu foot massager is durable for use. The deep kneading motion of the strategically placed nodes target pressure points through a grip and release motion. Accompanied by its heating and pressurized setting, this product is a great investment for the foot massage enthusiast.
- Customisable settings to cater to different preferences
- Durable and appealing design
- Combination of shiatsu, air pressure and heating features
- Remote control for easy use whilst multitasking
- Washable cloth lining
- No screen to identify the pressure or heating setting
- Shiatsu style massage may be of high intensity for some
5. Belmint Shiatsu
There are 48 deep-tissue rotating nodes that work independently under each foot to provide a powerful shiatsu style massage that effectively relieves tension, aches and pains. The nodes rotate underneath the foot and also provide relief to the sides of the feet.
Adjustable Control Functions
There is a centred console that is positioned between the feet so you do not need to bend down to adjust the control settings. The console allows you to control the power, pressure, speed and heat of your shiatsu foot massage.
Cost and Value
The Belmint Shiatsidealssager is an idea choice for individuals looking for a strong and tension releasing shiatsu style foot massager. The customizable heat settings and independent rotating nodes provide relief to areas of the foot that not all foot massagers provide.
- Effective pressure based therapy kneading and heating action
- Provides relief to bottom and sides of the feet at the same time
- Features a total of 48 nodes to ensure no area goes untouched
- Sleek and stylish design that operates fairly quietly and accommodates all feet sizes
- Washable cloth lining
- Not catered to oversized feet
- Slightly heavier than other foot massagers
6. MedMassager MMF06
The MediMassager is widely used by clinicians and patients who suffer from diabetes, as the MediMassager increases vasodilation to patients who suffer from poor blood circulation in the feet and calves. This is ideal for individuals seeking results rather than a relaxing, and gentle massage experience.
The MediMassager is one of the most powerful foot massagers on the market. There are 11 speed options to select from, providing high intensity vibrations to restore blood flow to the feet, calves and even legs. This makes up for the lack of a heating option, as the increased blood flow to the feat naturally provides a warming sensation.
Cost and Value
The MediMassager is on the higher end of foot massagers and is ideal for individuals seeking immediate relief for pain in the feet, calves and legs. For its durability and incredible speed and power, the MediMassager stands out from the rest.
- Highly regarded by therapeutic professionals
- Incredible power and speed
- Promotes blood circulation to the feet, calves and legs
- Detailed instruction manual with instructions and methods of use
- Highly durable and simple
- Only provides one featured style of massage
- Due to its high intensity vibrations, this product can be quite loud
- Bulkier and heavier than standard foot massagers
7. NekTeck Kneading Massager
This manual function is perfect if you want to focus on warming up your feet while increasing blood flow. After a long day on your feet they can sometimes be swollen as well as achy, so this heating feature is a great way to soothe and work out any knots that may have accumulated throughout the day.
All feet are different shapes and sizes which means not all items like these work for everyone, the NekTeck is especially great because of its adjustable height feature. This ensures that no arch is too high and all of your foot will be thoroughly massaged without you having to move it around and constantly readjust.
Cost and Value
This massager is very simple and easy to use, but very effective and works wonders for those with high arches that struggle to find a massager that properly gets in there and can reach every part of their foot. With all these features, and its sleek design this NekTeck massager is a great value.
- Heating Function
- Adjustable Height
- Easy and Accessible On and Off Button
- Almost Silent
- Potentially Too Strong of Pressure
8. RENPHO Deep Tissue
One of the most frustrating things when trying to use a device is finding an outlet to plug it in. Use this cordless massager in the comfort of your office chair, car or bed without having to worry about where you will plug it in. The built-in battery allows it to be fully charged and last for up to 120 minutes so you never have to worry about buying batteries again.
Interchangeable Massage Heads
Our bodies always have different levels of aches and pains, and the feet especially can be very sensitive, so applying too much pressure can be painful. It is nice to be able to switch through a few massage heads to find the one that fits your needs, and properly relaxes you without causing unnecessary pain.
Cost and Value
Sleek, easy to use and easy to bring anywhere with you, this portable and cordless massager is a great value and perfect for anyone who does not want something bulky if they don’t have space. It is one of the most affordable massagers on this list as well, making it a great option.
- Rechargeable Battery
- Automatically Stops After 20 Minutes
- Multiple Massage Head Attachments
- Heavy to Hold for Long Periods of Time
9. CloudMassage Shiatsu
This particular massager is perfect for those with medical conditions such as diabetes or neuropathy as it helps improve blood flow in the legs with both compression and heat. For athletes, it will help relive those tired muscles after extended training sessions, and is perfect for those involved in multisport or running long distance. With adjustable settings for both compression and heat, you can gradually find the best setting for your needs.
Not only are the compression and heat settings adjustable, the CloudMassage Shiatsu also allows you to select and lock in the angle for which you prefer to let your legs rest against. You can keep at a 90 degree angle, or recline and relax to let the massager do the work. Plus, it comes with a satisfaction guarantee, so if for any reason you aren’t satisfied, you can simply return for a refund.
Cost and Value
As one of the more expensive options on our list, it has unique features and adjustability that come at a premium. However, if you require something more sophisticated with compression, vibration, and heat to help ease your legs and feet, this is a smart purchase. Ideal for those with medical conditions, or simply looking to improve their performance!
10. Beurer FM60 Shiatsu
The eighteen nodes work in groups of three to create clockwise and counterclockwise rotating motions. This satisfies the trigger points located underneath the feet helping to revitalize circulation and reduce aches and pains.
Comfort and Adjustability
Not all foot massagers have the option of adjusting the angle and height of the unit. This is quite ideal for those that would like to use the foot massager in an office setting or whilst watching television. This option ensures you can adjust the unit to gain optimal comfort and relaxation.
Cost and Value
This simple and easy-to-use unit is great for those who do not like enclosed style foot massagers. Although it is quite limited in control options, it makes up for it with its height and angle adjustments.
- Simple and durable
- 18 nodes ensuring a high intensity massage
- Open and spacious for larger sized feet
- Infrared Heating Option
- Washable fabric
- Limited control options
- Larger than other listed foot massagers
The top listed foot massagers have been specifically chosen to cater to various needs and lifestyles. Now that we have done the hard work of putting the list together, It is up to you to select a foot massager that caters to your lifestyle and essentially ticks all of your boxes. For some, a powerful unit is essential to ensure the massager digs deep into those tight pressure points. For others, purchasing a foot massager might be a way to wind down and release some stress after a long day at work. You may prefer a unit that provides more featured options such as infrared heating or high-intensity vibrations to support blood flow to the feet and calves. Or maybe you want to sneak a great portable unit to your office and need it to be as quiet as possible? Whatever your desires are, the listed foot massagers all do the job of massaging your feet. It is up to you to pinpoint what your preferences are, weight up the pros and cons and make a decision best suited to your needs.
Criteria Used to Evaluate the Best Foot Massagers
There are many forms of massage techniques, and what works best for one person may not necessarily work for another. It is important to know your pain and what causes it, to better understand what technique will relax you. All devices should relax you and help you unwind, however, they should also offer you health benefits and add to your life. Not all of these techniques and forms of massage will appeal to you, or even benefit you, so finding what best fits your life is crucial prior to investing.
Our entire body weight is applied to our feet all day, just walking around or doing day to day things. Add onto that playing sports, running, injuries or illnesses and you’ll realize feet endure quite a lot of stress on a day to day basis. Letting them rest after a tiring day is nice, but working out those muscles and increasing blood flow is more important and there are many forms in which to do that.
- Shiatsu – The most common and popular form of massage as it really works out your muscles while fixing other parts of the body as well. Similar to reflexology, applying pressure to one part of the body (your feet) can aid another such as your head if you suffer from headaches. However rather than just applying pressure like you would with acupuncture or reflexology, a shiatsu foot massager will massage and work out all areas of the foot to ensure you are thoroughly relaxed.
- Deep Tissue – This form of massage is much slower and feels much more intense as it really focuses in on certain areas to deeply massage and works out knots and tension in your muscles. If you are more so looking to relax and do not need forceful pressure, you may find this kind of massage much too painful and not enjoyable. However, if you suffer from prior foot injuries or joint pains this can be painful but enjoyable and very rewarding.
- Electric – The rolling and oscillating motion of this massager will warm up and vibrate to get your blood moving and everything circulating properly. Made to really increase circulation, many of these massagers have close to 10-speed options as they are mainly meant to restore blood flow to your lower body, this is a great choice for those who suffer from diabetes or edema.
- Manual – A manual massager can be ideal if you are on the go a lot and wish to use this while you are not just at home. You are also completely in control of the amount of pressure being applied to your feet which can be very important to some. If you have small aches and pains a lightweight manual massager can be the perfect thing to keep in your desk drawer for times when you need a quick massage.
- Water – Foot spa machines are essentially what you place your feet into when you go to the spa, however, it isn’t necessarily going to be as relaxing because you need to set the entire thing up on your own first. The purpose of the water is to clean your feet while relaxing you and warming you up, however they are quite bulky and tend to be rather noisy so picking the right one can be challenging.
Buying a foot massager for the sole purpose to relax is great, but there are surprisingly numerous benefits to owning one and using it regularly other than just unwinding after a long day. Depending on the device you choose, it should work your muscles and help with pain, especially from being on your feet all day but it can also have many health benefits you may not have known about.
- Blood flow and circulation – If you are on your feet all day and find by the end of the day your feet are tingly, cold and in pain it could be a lack of blood flow to your lower body or a build-up of fluid, and a quick 15 minute massage can really get things flowing again and bring warmth and blood back to your limbs. If you suffer from diabetes or edema, these devices can be extremely beneficial.
- Improves sleep – After a long day at work, this can be a great way to de-stress and unwind before bed. Loosening up those tense muscles and increasing circulation throughout your body will help have a long peaceful sleep, which in turn will leave you much more rested to start the new day.
- Pressure points – Applying pressure and adjusting reflex and pressure points cannot only relieve things such as headaches and nausea it can also according to Chinese medicine be extremely beneficial to your brain and how it works. If the idea of getting actual acupuncture seems too much, a good foot massager that truly applies the correct amount of pressure to certain parts of the foot can act in almost the same way.
- Aids with anxiety – Interesting to think something as simple as a massage can change not only change your physical well-being but the mental state as well. Those who suffer from stress, anxiety, and depression will find a massage can drastically raise their levels of serotonin thus helping not only their overall mood but sleep as well.
- Headaches and pain – There are four main points on your feet that allow for natural pain relief, especially when it comes to headaches and migraines. We have all suffered through those brutal headaches that do not ever seem to end, and many times taking medicine is not something you want to do. Having pressure applied to these points can truly make a world of difference in how you feel. Learn about your feet and which pressure points need to be massaged to see effects and find a foot massager that works for you.
Relaxation may be one of the main reasons you are looking for a massager however when buying keep in mind other health issues you may have that can be helped or cured by this device. This device can be much more beneficial to you that you ever imagined if you take the time to access your health needs and see what will best fit your life.
Investing in a nice foot massager does not only benefit you physically and mentally but financially as well. Going to the spa frequently can add up very quickly, and is not always the most relaxing experience when you know you have to drive or transit home afterward. Having a spa-like experience in the comfort of your own home, whenever you wish to is a life-changing experience.
Most foot massagers will have plenty of different features and options, however, it is important to not get drawn in and distracted by things that may not even work for you, or make any difference when it comes to a good massage. Take the time to learn what relaxes you the most, and offers you the best massage experience, unwanted features will add to the price yet
A heating option is one of the most common and is a great way to relieve pain and encourage blood flow and circulation throughout your feet and lower body. Look at which parts of your feet it heats up, they do not all heat up your entire feet and can just focus on certain areas. If you are intrigued by the heating function and feel it will be beneficial to you, find one that heats up in areas that you feel pain. This can also be wonderful during colder months when you get home from work and need to warm up and be cozy. Sitting on the couch with a nice book, and feeling warm while getting massaged is the ideal way to relax.
It is common for massagers to have a few different speeds to change the level of strength, most will typically have around two to three and these will range from weak to quite strong. Try out each speed and make sure there is at least one or two that feel good for you, otherwise, this device will not benefit you in the slightest. Most massagers are very customizable, however, if it only offers one speed, ensure it feels just right.
The control panel is generally on the top of the device, or at least easily accessible. If you find yourself adjusting the speed, or other settings frequently during use, you will want the control settings to be as in reach as possible. Bending down constantly can be a pain and stop you from fully being able to relax so try to find a device that either has toe-touch controls or a remote.
Toe-touch controls allow for you to change a setting with the simple tap of your foot which can make your entire experience much more enjoyable. Similarly, a remote is easy and effortless and allows you to stay in your comfortable position. Keep in mind that added features like this do add on to the price tag, so if you do not find yourself changing settings often this is not a must-have.
The entire point of relaxing is having peace and quiet while you receive a massage; nothing is less relaxing than the sound of a loud motor. Few massagers will be utterly silent, but many don’t make much of a sound, ensure prior to buying that yours doesn’t distract you from relaxing, especially if you wish to watch a show or something while using it.
The weight and size of your foot massager can be quite important, especially if you live in a small apartment and have a lack of space. You probably will not want it sitting out at all times on display, so finding the perfect size to either put it in a closet or under your bed is crucial. Aside from the entire size of the device, you want to ensure that if it requires you to insert your feet and or legs into it, that it comfortably fits them. If you have very large feet, you must make certain that your feet will sit in the device without feeling squished or uncomfortable if that is the case not only will it not adequately massage you, you will never want to use it.
Q: Can you use a foot massager while pregnant?
A: For the sole purpose of relaxing and reducing potential swelling in your feet, a foot massage sounds like the ideal way to unwind while pregnant, however, it has been proven to not always be the best idea. A gentle massage from your spouse is safe, but using a foot massaging device is sometimes not encouraged. Consult your doctor first before using one to ensure it will have nothing but positive effects for you and your baby.
Q: Do foot massagers help with circulation?
A: They absolutely help with circulation and can be a fantastic way to get the blood flowing in your lower limbs and reduce swelling or any build-up of fluid. Air massagers are one of the best devices as they do a fantastic job of encouraging circulation, especially ones that cover not only your feet but calves as well. Look for ones that have a heating function as well as an added bonus.
Q: Are massagers good for arthritis?
A: Frequent use of a massager has shown to be a great way to relieve pain caused by arthritis. Working those joints and muscles not only helps to loosen and relax them it can also majorly improve range of motion and grip strength.
Q: Are they safe to use?
A: They are completely safe to use, as long as they are used as advised and instructed. If you are feeling pain, or discomfort while using the device, stop immediately and consult your doctor about whether or not this is the proper device for you. They are meant to relax you and help with minor pains and aches if you suffer from more than that, a foot massager is not the solution.
Q: Which type of foot massager is the best?
A: The type of massager that works best is different for everyone because they all offer different results. Although the mainly will work in the same way when it comes to relaxation, some are more deep tissue and will apply a lot of pressure into the muscles in your foot, which may not feel good for everyone. Access your specific needs, look at the functions and features of each foot massager and buy accordingly.
Q: Why are foot massagers good to have?
A: From the most simple reason of laying back at home and being able to relax after a long day, to more important reasons like improving circulation, reducing anxiety and stress, and even improving pains in other parts of your body such as a headache. Depending on the device you choose they will work your feet and or calves in different ways that best fit your needs and wants. Shiatsu massagers, for instance, will knead and press into different reflexology points that can truly reduce migraines and headaches. Going to the spa often can add up very quickly, so purchasing a quality foot massager can be a very good investment for some. Determine how often you will be using it and whether or not you want something more portable and lightweight or something like a foot spa that requires water and is bulkier.